Thursday, December 16, 2010

Big, Big Week Up Here At The Lodge! (Again!)

Hello everyone! The last week or so has been so hectic around here. When we get to the end of the season it just seems that the work just has no end. So I have to apologize for skipping out on the blog but frankly over the past few weeks I forgot where I put me and couldn't find me for days at a time. It got so bad that while I was driving from place to place I often passed myself going the other way and I know I saw me but I didn't wave hello. When I finally catch up to me I'm going to give me a piece of my mind I'll tell you! That's just plain rude (the doctor says I'm getting much better)!

It's almost Christmas and I'm just now getting into the swing of Labor Day. I really don't know if I'm going to get into the Christmas mode before the end of winter. We had our year end/Christmas party/bash Wednesday and it was one for the books. Despite all the distractions that were going on we took a look at what our company is able to do and our plans for the upcoming year. We didn't cover a third of what we needed to and still I'm exhausted. So just in case any of the staff have logged into the blog I'm going to give a much better list of all the services that 2C Photography is getting ready to push in the upcoming months.

Photo directories (church, clubs/civic groups, etc.)
individual and family/group portraits
senior and student photos/packages
I-stock photos
retail outlet locations selling photos and photo creative items
real estate photography/video promotional services
360 degree photography services
e-bay and other sale venue item promotional photos
modeling program
wedding chapel services
wedding photographer services
movie/documentary productions
official online distributor of the new "History of Branson" documentary movie

And that still isn't the full list of services. Are you tired out yet? This is a very exciting time with our company and we are taking action to see to it that we are ready to provide professional service in each and every one of these programs. But to do that we are going to have to make some changes in our souvenir program. At our party we announced that some of our staff were going to have some new duties in the upcoming year. One of those changes involve Chris our graphics guy who will be the companies general business manager. While most of his duties will revolve around the above listed programs he will also serve as an overseer of the restaurant souvenir operations. We anticipate our lead restaurant photographer will be handling the overseeing of the general day to day operation in the restaurants. So now along with Jackie and Chris the name Kelvin will most likely find it's way into this blog from time to time. As for Jackie her work load will stay mostly the same with some vital additions as this off season planning continues.

The changes don't stop with our staff. At least one of our operations are making changes that should greatly benefit our business, to include a complete makeover of the restaurant. We are updating our equipment and will be changing our sale operation in several of our venues in a way that we believe has not been done in this area but proven very successful on the east coast. And we have a few other tricks up our sleeves as well.

And the excitement is just only beginning. Mike from Bear Creek Productions contacted me just in the past few days. His new project is starting to gear up and is in the early stages of planning. From what he has told me up to this point this project is going to be even better but also much more challenging. But with five Crystal Award under his belt and a great team of excited and committed staff in support I have every confidence that this movie will be outstanding. Shooting could start as early as February and I am told that there will be a need for a number of extras. So if you have ever had the wish of being in a movie and can round up some clothing that would match the 1850s t0 1870s era then this could be your chance for a dream come true. We will keep you posted as the plans become known.

Well I guess that's enough to have your head spinning for a day or so. No Pro Pix Tips this time but be ready cause they're on the way. Have a great day everybody!

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment