Sunday, June 27, 2010

ET Phone Home

Hi everyone! I know it has seemed that I have been awol over the past few days. Kind of reminds me of the movie ET when he was lost and trying to send a message out for rescue. The past few weeks it's been like getting an audience with the Pope to try to find time to get on here to let you know what's happening. The answer is a lot! We have had several projects in the works and it seems that they are all kind of landing at once. Weddings and movies have been common words around the studio. At one point I was up in a bucket truck shooting wedding pictures. Believe me that would have gotten someone some money if that had been captured on digital.

Along with real estate packages, we have begun putting together some other wedding type packages. We are so honored to have been approached by a area business to team up with them in the development of these types of packages and I hope to present the full details very shortly. Let's just say that if you are looking to get married soon (especially around mid September) you will want to hear about what we're up to. We are teaming up with some great folks in a absolutely gorgeous location and you can bet the moment I get the ok to give you the details I will.

Also, I got to spend another day on the set of the "History of Branson" documentary film on Sunday. I've mentioned so many times how great it has been to be part of the team on this project. I've got to tell you that I have really under stated things. I'm telling you that the movie with all of it's drama and realism couple with the accuracy in detail is cause enough to own this movie. Add in the fact that many of our still photos are use in the movie and that should move it right to the top of the most desired Christmas gift list. But you just will laugh your self silly when you see the bloopers. I've just got to tell you about just one of them that happen on this last outing. One scene depicts the shooting and killing of a man outside a church. The victim has no weapon visible but is wearing a long jacket that is button. While walking towards the church he is confronted by someone with a warrant for his arrest. Upon hearing this he reaches inside his jacket at which time he is shot dead before he can get his hand and whatever he was trying to get out from his jacket. During one of the takes I was standing behind the shooter so I could get a straight on view of the victim being shot. As the scene progresses I am in continuous shooting mode and taking pictures at a rate of 4 pictures a second. It was clear that something wasn't right because the victims hand came out of the jacket about the time he was shot. When the scene was cut we went back and reviewed my stills to find that just before the actor was shot he pulled his hand out with his forefinger and thumb extended in the shape of a gun trying to shoot the shooter. His answer was that he couldn't help it as it seemed the natural thing to do. Now in all fairness he was not the scheduled actor to do the scene. He was a stand in and not a regular actor but it was still funny. It will make a great blooper.

Speaking of bloopers, it's time I get back to work. I will try to get more pictures up in the next few days. In the mean time, have a great day everyone!

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment