Saturday, May 15, 2010

Big, Big Week Up Here At The Lodge!

Well, this has been quite a week! We have been working on several projects including a couple of new services which we hope to bring online within the next week or so. We have already done some preliminary test marketing in a few select areas and have some shoot concerning them scheduled for next week. We're all kind of excited about that! But that's not all the excitement we had around here. I'm told my graphics guy thought I had fired him because I inadvertently change one of our project codes that he's currently working on. Sorry, but sometimes I'm not that high tech kind of a person. That's why I have people like Chris the graphics guy in the first place.

Now, you might choose to laugh at me about that, but the way I see it, I'm in pretty good company. Henry Ford had people. I may be wrong (and I'm sure I am, I'll have to check with my people), but I heard somewhere that someone tried to make a claim that Henry was not very smart. In an attempt to prove their point they asked Henry several questions that anyone should, in their opinion, have known. As I understand the story Mr. Ford didn't know the answers but instead pointed out his people who he said he had hired to know the answers to such useless trivia. Good enough for Henry Ford is good enough for me. However, I have been reminded that messing up the codes to our project is not trivial, and therefore not good and I believe received a treat to take my computer away for a week! I wonder if Henry's people ever did that to him?

Seriously, the staff has been putting things into high gear and have accomplished a great deal. The website is still in over haul mode but looking better everyday. It's fun and interesting to watch it as it all comes together especially when you know where it's headed.

We will be looking to put on a couple of new entry level photographers and will probably post that up on the usual spots on Monday. If you would like to avoid the Christmas rush you are welcome to go to the home page and go to the employment section and fill out a pre-application. We will be hiring for our basic event positions which is where we start out most of our employees. We are looking for dependable and trustworthy people who do not need constant supervision and have a professional work ethic. If you have photography skills, that is helpful to some extent (depending what bad habits we have to unlearn you), but if you don't, we'll try to learn you some. In short if you can work hard, do what we tell you, like to make money, have fun, and not cause me or the staff any grief, well Uncle Sam said it best, "I want you!"

Also, we are still looking for model and model want-to-bes. It's a great way to build up some experience and a portfolio.

Finally, I would like to give you a preview of a new service that we hope you will find useful. If you sell items online you now that in most case presentation is everything. Good quality photos make a lot of difference and with so much competition out there they may make the difference between choosing your item over someone else or just how much the buyer is willing to spend. Sometimes it's easy to overlook the difference a quality photo or serious of photos can make. Just look at the items that catch your eye or give you a better feeling and more confidence in the quality of the item. I know myself when I get on those sites, I won't even look at an auction that doesn't have a picture. I want to see that item and everything that goes with it as clearly as possible because if I don't I wonder what the seller may be hiding. Now maybe all your customers are not that way, but I don't think I'm the only skeptical cowboy on the block. We are planning to have a plan for individual shoots as well as for you hard core online sellers in the form of a monthly subscription type service. If you're interest, keep your eye open on this blog for the full details or drop us a note. We'll be glad to answer any questions you might have about this or any of our services and if we don't know the answer, well, we'll make some up (just kidding)!

Thanks for stopping buy! Have a great day and weekend everybody! Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment